Larne High School
Jump to navigation
Jump to search
|Larne High School|
|20 Sallagh Park|
Larne, Co. Antrim, Northern Ireland
|Coordinates||54°51′30″N 5°49′10″W / 54.858328°N 5.819472°W Coordinates : 54°51′30″N 5°49′10″W / 54.858328°N 5.819472°W|
|Motto||Ad vera petenda|
(We seek the truth)
|Houses||Chain, Dickson and smiley|
|Colour(s)||Navy blue, yellow and white|
Larne High School is a secondary school in Larne , County Antrim , Northern Ireland .
The foundation stone on the High School site was laid on 26 July 1955, and the school opened in September 1957. It was then known as Greenland Intermediate Secondary School and was the first of its type in County Antrim. It had just over five hundred pupils and a staff of forty. Today pupils range from the age of eleven to eighteen, and can sit exams at Key Stage 3 , GCSE , GNVQ and A-level .
Curriculum[ edit ]
|Key Stage 3: Years 8-10|
|Art & Design||French||ICT||Physical Education|
|Biology||Geography||Learning for Life & Work||Physics|
|English||Home Economics||Music||Technology and Design|
Students study 3 subjects at AS and A2 Level.
|AS & A2 Level: Years 13–14|
|Art and Design||Business Studies||Chemistry||Computing||French|
|Geography||Government and Politics||Health & Social Care||Home Economics||ICT|
|Religious Studies||Spanish||Technology and Design||Travel and Tourism|
- Bold subjects are taught at Larne Grammar School, with students having to achieve at least an A Grade at GCSE to be considered, in accordance with Larne Grammar School admissions policies.
References[ edit ]
External links[ edit ]
- Home page
|This Northern Ireland school-related article is a stub . You can help Wikipedia by expanding it .|
- Secondary schools in County Antrim
- Schools in Larne
- Educational institutions established in 1957
- 1957 establishments in Northern Ireland
- Northern Ireland school stubs
- Coordinates on Wikidata
- All stub articles
- This page was last edited on 16 May 2018, at 17:34 (UTC).
- Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License ;
- About Wikipedia
- Contact Wikipedia
- Cookie statement
- Mobile view